Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Drink: Bourbon

I have to admit, I have more bottles of bourbon at home than any sane person should have.
The good news: there is always something different to drink.
The bad news: every so often, you forget how good certain bottles are, as they tend to get hidden behind other bottles. (ok, not such bad news.)
Just last night, I felt the calling for a small glass of bourbon after dinner and a bottle of W.L. Weller 12 caught my eye. How long had it been? The smell immediately reminded what a wonderful whiskey it is. I do have a big soft spot for wheated bourbons. The Van Winkle family are still some of favorite ones, from the 10 year, on up through the twenty-something's. One sip of the Weller and I was in heaven. Rich, round, smooth, sweet. Possibly THE BEST bourbon at that price. If you have never tried it, don't let the cheap price tag fool you. This is a phenomenal whiskey.
If you are in the mood for a splurge, seek out the limited release William Larue Weller. No age statement, but much more mature than it's younger sibling and a heftier price tag of around $65.

2 comments:

  1. Just started following ...love the posts !
    Can you give any info on good Gins ? Bombay Sapphire my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry or the delay. My favorite is Tanquerray 10. I also love the Berkshire Mountain Distilers Graylock gin. I will probablypst a gin blog oon.

      Delete